For 35 years, Bonnie McGuire Jones has provided Trust & Estate Planning & Administration for residents of the greater Saratoga – Capital Region.
Bonnie holds the highest rating for both expertise and ethics (A-V Preeminent attorney) awarded by Martindale-Hubbell, the independent rating service of the legal profession.
Quite simply, we want to take care of you the way we want our families to be cared for!
For the past decade, our clients have benefited from the firm’s formal arrangement with a Florida law firm that has four Trusts & Estates attorneys, giving our clients the best of both worlds, our firm's signature approach and involvement as well as direct access to excellent Florida Trusts & Estates attorneys who are on-the- ground, year-round in Florida, to assist you.
- New York State Bar (all courts) 1982
- U.S. Federal District Court (Northern District of New York) 1983
- U.S. Tax Court 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court 1993
- BA - St. Lawrence University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- MA - SUNY Oneonta
- JD - Syracuse University College of Law
- Post-doctoral studies
- Oxford University 2002
- University of Wisconsin Law School 2004
- Harvard Law School 2006, 2010
- New York University Graduate School in Taxation 2013
2014 – 2017 Public Education on Trust & Estate Topics
- Clifton Park – Halfmoon Public Library
- Saratoga Springs Public Library
- Union College’s Academy of Lifelong Learning (UCALL)
- Albany Law School’s Senior Rights Day
- New York State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education
- New York State Senior Rights Council
- Beveryck Senior Living Community's Public Affairs Series
- "Revocable Living Trusts: The Essentials"
- "Putting your Affairs in Order"
- "Navigating the Last Stage of Life"
- "End-of- Life Health Care Decision-Making"
- "Guardianships and Supplemental Needs Trusts for Your Child or Family Member with Disabilities"
- "What You Need to Know and Do Before Your Spouse Dies"
- "Financial Literacy For the Stages of Your Life"
- for your 30s and 40s;
- for your 50s and 60s;
- and for your 70s, 80s and 90s
Community Boards, Present & Past
- Vice Chair of the New York State Bar Association’s Committee on International Estate Planning
- Board Member and Secretary, WMHT
- Board Member and President, Estate Planning Council of Eastern New York
- Trustee, Ellis Hospital
- Board Member, Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region
- Board Member, Saratoga Care Foundation
- Board Member, Saratoga PLAN
- Ellis Hospital
- Ethics Committee Member, The Eddy Retirement Care Communities (Part of St. Peter’s Healthcare Partners)
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association Trusts & Estates section
- Executive Committee Member, New York State Bar Association Elder Law & Special Needs Law section
Bonnie and her husband Kent, a former Dean of Admissions at Skidmore College, live at the Emma Willard School in Troy where Kent is the Director of College Counseling.
They have two children: Dylan is a Senior Energy Policy Analyst in the US Department of Energy in Washington, DC and is completing his MBA at Johns Hopkins University. His wife, Erin, is a board-certified epidemiologist at the Children's National Medical Center in Washington, DC. Caitlin, a graduate of Colgate University and the University of Chicago, teaches history at the East Side School in Seattle. Her husband, Josh, earned his MBA at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton Business School and works for Amazon.